Advantages of Geothermal Energy
- Significant Cost Saving: Geothermal energy generally involves low running costs since it saves 80% costs over fossil fuels and no fuel is used to generate the power. With no fuel being required, costs for purchasing, transporting and cleaning up plants is quite low.
- Reduce Reliance on Fossil Fuels: Dependence on fossil fuels decreases with the increase in the use of geothermal energy. With the sky-rocketing prices of oil, many countries are pushing companies to adopt these clean sources of energy. Burning of fossil fuels releases greenhouse gases which are responsible for global warming.
- No Pollution: This is one of the main advantage of using geothermal energy since it does not create any pollution and helps in creating a clean environment. Being the renewable source of energy, geothermal energy has helped in reducing global warming and pollution. Moreover, Geothermal systems do not create any pollution as it releases some gases from deep within the earth which are not very harmful to the environment.
- Direct Use: Since ancient times, people having been using this source of energy for taking baths, heating homes, preparing food and today this is also used for direct heating of homes and offices. This makes geothermal energy cheaper and affordable. Although the initial investment can be quite steep, in the long run the huge cost savings, prove quite useful.
- Job Creation and Economic Benefits: Government of various countries are investing hugely in creation of geothermal energy which has created more jobs for the local people as well as grants companies federal and state benefits. Private residents are also offered benefits for utilizing geothermal energy in their homes. To find out what your state and federal benefits are click here.